[Snort-users] Adobe Flash outdated

Castle, Shane scastle at ...14946...
Tue Aug 21 11:06:48 EDT 2012

It's probably a TP, and it refers to the installation of Flash that an IE browser is using. Auto-update doesn't always seem to work, and if the Flash installation is old enough, it isn't there.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that Adobe's auto-update is broken. Try downloading and running Secunia PSI on a couple of those systems and see what it tells you.

--
Shane Castle
Data Security Mgr, Boulder County IT
CISSP GSEC GCIH

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Cable [mailto:pcable at ...15769...]
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 08:51
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Adobe Flash outdated

I have adobe flash set to auto-update on all of my client machines, but I am still getting massive amounts of:

snort: "ET POLICY Outdated Windows Flash Version IE"

Is this telling me the adobe flash version running on the website they are visiting is out of date or is it a false positive?

Thanks,

PC