[Snort-users] Issues with install Snort 2.9.3.1 Barnyard2 -1.9

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Mon Aug 20 18:17:52 EDT 2012

On 8/20/2012 16:04, Jimmy Ford wrote:
> Barnyard2 on the other hand I get this:
>
> root at ...15765...:/usr/local/src/snort# service barnyard2 start
>
> $Starting Snort Output Processor (barnyard2): /etc/init.d/barnyard2: 35:
> /etc/init.d/barnyard2: barnyard2: Permission denied

this isn't a config problem... it is a permissions problem as the message states...

the first question is where are you seeing the above message output? on the
screen or in a logfile?

the next questions are

   what file(s) is(are) being complained about...
   what user did you install barnyard2 as?
   what are the permissions of the directories involved?