[Snort-users] Automated File Carving?

Fri Aug 17 18:09:20 EDT 2012

Hi,

I've tried Razorback once before, and at that time I couldn't get it to work.  Documentation seemed to be limited (pretty common for opensource software).  At that time I gave up on it as it didn't seem to be "ready for prime time", if you know what I mean.

I'm willing to give it another shot of course, as it sounded very cool.  Is there some good documentation on how to get it setup?

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Esler [mailto:jesler at ...1935...]
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2012 11:23 AM
To: Marcos Rodriguez
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Automated File Carving?

On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 03:48:22PM -0400, Marcos Rodriguez wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Tim Covel <tcovel at ...15149...> wrote:
> I'm not sure, but I thought (I'm a bit befuddled, so beware when I
> think!!!!)  that Snort could do this in conjunction with Razorback.

You are correct.  This is exactly what Razorback was designed for.  Along with a little thing like automated file analysis.

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT

Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/