[Snort-users] Multi-process Snort

Mitesh Jadia mitesh.jadia at ...11827...
Fri Aug 17 08:20:06 EDT 2012

Each instance of snort will load all rules. You have to load balance
your traffic at kernel level.
Like i have done with nfqueue.
I have registered 2 nfqueues. And my kernel module puts traffic on
both queues based on conntrack.( cause one tcp session must be
maintained by one instance of snort only)

You can get maximum throughput by increasing instances of snort.

Hope it will be helpful to u.

Regards,
Mitesh jadia