[Snort-users] Automated File Carving?

Doug Burks doug.burks at ...11827...
Wed Aug 8 17:25:17 EDT 2012

Hi Shawn,

BroIDS is a great choice and gives you this and a whole lot more.

Another option (which I just demoed at Bro Exchange yesterday, video coming
soon) is that the new version of Security Onion will allow you to instantly
pivot from an IDS alert or other data type to full pcap in NetworkMiner
which will automatically extract files from that pcap.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
Doug

--