[Snort-users] Automated File Carving?

Maunu, Mark MARK.MAUNU at ...15534...
Wed Aug 8 16:42:24 EDT 2012

Hi -

I have been using the Metaflows system for 2-3 years and its new file carving feature has made a killer product even more amazing!

I would recommend using Metaflows to anyone . The Metaflows team has come up with an amazing product and they keep adding killer features to make any analysts job easier.

Mark

From: Marcos Rodriguez [mailto:marcos.e.rodriguez at ...11827...]
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 12:48 PM
To: Tim Covel
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Automated File Carving?

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Tim Covel <tcovel at ...15149...<mailto:tcovel at ...15149...>> wrote:
We've recently released a modified version of the ntop (GPL) which includes a file carving system designed to work with snort.

We've put together some screenshots of it here:
http://metaflows.tumblr.com/post/28491256039/file-extraction-malware
http://metaflows.tumblr.com/post/28128365399/quick-investigation-of-a-bothunter-alert-on-an

If you'd like more information on how to get and run it, let us know.