[Snort-users] snort 2.9.x Barnyard2-1.9 Build without libpcap

beenph beenph at ...11827...
Mon Aug 6 19:51:12 EDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Lawrence R. Hughes, Sr.
<lhughes at ...14822...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have been trying to compile barnyard2-1.9 --with-libpcap-libraries=no
> --with-libpcap-includes=no on a linux 2.6.34.5 machine, but the finished
> binary keeps looking for libpcap libs?? We don't want libpcap in the final
> binary. Does anyone know the secret to build this without libpcap?
>
> Many Thanks,
> Larry

Greetings Lawrence, i just commited changes to my branch that will
allow you to compile barnyard2
without the need for libpcap libraries. You will still need Headers
for compilation but that shouldn't be an issue.

You can find it here :
https://github.com/binf/barnyard2/tree/pre-stable note its 2-1.10 no
change will be backported to 2-1.9

Also note that we have barnyard2 specific mailing list if you have
specific enqueries about barnyard2.

You can subscribe from google groups to barnyard2-users and/or barnyard2-devel

Cheers,
-elz