[Snort-users] Barnyard - Database link down

William Sandin william at ...15738...
Mon Aug 6 00:43:09 EDT 2012

On 08/06/2012 10:15 AM, beenph wrote:
> version 1.10 has some new code that retry a defined numbed or time
> (10 and configurable) before stoping cleanly
> The transactional code in 1.10 is more robust and if a transaction
> fail and your dbms strictly respect the transaction
> nothing will corrupt the schema.
>

> This being said when you use unified2 nothing is lost until you erase
> the unified2 file, thus its allways possible
> to replay events if something would happen ie: database crash or corruption.

In that case, monitoring By2 and the RDBMS processes with software such
as MMonit, would increase reliability and minimize risk of data loss in
the db.

I really like DJ.B's daemontools for it's robustness but it's not as
easy do deploy and don't have very few monitoring options except the PID.

Is there any roadmap or planned release date for 1.10? I'm eager to know
more about new features and improvements in the next release :-)

You and firnsy are doing a great job.

I'm not sure if there is any specific By2 list I better subscribe to?

Regards,

William Sandin
Security Researcher
http://www.e-cq.net/