[Snort-users] OpenSource RFMON driver WinXp

codeforfun codeforfun at ...10619...
Wed Nov 23 19:48:08 EST 2011

I am looking for an opensource driver that supports RFMON (monitor) mode.

I have a Atheros AR5008X Wireless Network Adapter and although it does
support RFMON mode under linux and osx (Its in a Macbook pro 2008), due
to the limitations of the windows NDIS API i can not get it into RFMON
mode under windows.

The reason i need this is because i am currently running Snort with the
-P argument (Disable promiscuous mode sniffing), and i am unable to
monitor my network correctly.

Could someone please point me in the right direction, thanks.

CodeForFun