[Snort-users] Snort on OpenBSD 5.0 amd64

ML mail mlnospam at ...131...
Fri Nov 18 04:12:10 EST 2011

Hi,

Did anyone already successfully manage to compile and run Snort 2.9.1.2 on OpenBSD 5.0 amd64 ?

I had quite a few problems but got through most of them by reading the instructions or looking for that problem on google but now I am stuck at starting snort itself. I am trying to start Snort with this command:

snort -c /etc/snort/etc/snort.conf -i em1 -D --daq-dir=/usr/local/lib

but unfortunately it fails starting with the following error:

/usr/local/lib/libpcap.so: dlsym: Unable to resolve symbol
Nov 18 10:09:58 nids snort[12933]: FATAL ERROR: Can't find pcap DAQ!

Does anyone know what could be wrong here?

Many thanks

Regards,
ML