[Snort-users] SSL DoS Signatures

Gibson, Nathan J. (HSC) Nathan-Gibson at ...15095...
Tue Nov 15 12:02:49 EST 2011

Has anyone see an uptick on the amount of hits for the SSL Dos Signatures listed below. 12 hours ago we started seeing a lot of hits on these for signatures. We are still investigating but right now it appears it might be a false positive.  Wanted to check and see if anyone else has seen an uptick.

At this point we are thinking it might have been a browser update or something.

20436
20437
20438
20439

http://vrt-blog.snort.org/2011/10/ssl-dos-snort-and-you.html

GIBBY
Nathan J. Gibson, MsIA, CISSP, CISM,CCNA, MCSA
IT Architect
Infrastructure Services
The University of Oklahoma HSC
voice: 405.271.2644 x50340
fax:    405.271.2181
Feedback?  Email comments to Chris Hodges<mailto:chris-hodges at ...15095...?subject=Heads%20up%20about%20Gibby>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments.