[Snort-users] Looking for an alternative to BASE

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Fri Nov 11 18:21:18 EST 2011

As most know the BASE frontend pretty much works On Windows, as it does on
UNIX. However with the direction that PHP has taken towards Windows,
Microsoft is now providing the PHP5.3.x  drivers for SQL Server 2008.

BASE is no longer compatible with this configuration (Windows, SQL Server
2008, and PHP 5.3.x). Most of what I do on my site is providing educational,
and proof of concept support, using Snort on Windows.

What I'm looking for is a comparable replacement for BASE, that will allow
users to have a simple user intuitive interface.

Note: There are drivers (not furnished by Microsoft) out there that does
allow basic fuctionality to bridge SQL Server 2008 and PHP 5.3.x but they
are not 100%, and they will eventually cease to work as SQL Server 2008 is
updated.

Kindest regards,
Michael...