[Snort-users] Local alert for website traffic not working

Martin Holste mcholste at ...11827...
Mon Jun 20 16:03:10 EDT 2011

You should be using the http preprocessor.  Add http_uri as a content
modifier like this:
content:"ebay.com"; http_uri;
See if that improves things.  I would also change the header to use
$HTTP_PORTS like this
alert tcp any any -> any $HTTP_PORTS
and verify that 80 is included in $HTTP_PORTS.