[Snort-users] flowbits - checking multiple bits being set to create alerting

Patrick Mullen pmullen at ...1935...
Tue Jun 14 12:37:58 EDT 2011

Eoin,

Could you send a pcap and the three rules (the rule below and the two
flowbit setting rules) to me that demonstrate this behavior?  If what
you describe is correct, this is a bug and we need to correct it.  The
way the rules language works, the flowbit checks as described below
should be an AND-type series of checks.

Thanks,

~Patrick