[Snort-users] Snorby opinions

Randal T. Rioux randy at ...13561...
Mon Jun 6 14:38:57 EDT 2011

On 6/6/2011 1:38 PM, Dustin Webber wrote:
> All,
>
> I would like to clarify that I was talking about the languages -- not
> applications written in them. If you're a good programmer you could
> build amazing applications with anything. Just consider
> all languages before you start a new project. If that language works
> best for the job... then use it. (except php.. never use that.)

I'm curious, what is wrong with PHP? The only cripple I see in usage is
poor development practices - not the language itself. Personally, I love
PHP. Went to it from J2EE. Recently, though, I've started playing with
Ruby (seems pleasant so far). But PHP still kings with options and
available classes (Zend rocks).

> Honestly.. we should all be writing in TCL anyways...

And LISP and Pascal. Dude... let it go :-)

Randy