[Snort-users] Barnyard2 startup issue

Lay, James james.lay at ...15009...
Fri Jul 22 16:16:26 EDT 2011

/tmp/mysql.sock
> which does not exists in this box?  Is there anything in the conf file
that
> will do that?  The my.cnf file is showing the correct location of the
socket
> file for mysql client.  I checked to see if MySQL is running:

As a quick fix for testing:

sudo ln /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock /tmp/mysql.sock

As I recall, every time you stop and start mysql you'll need to do the
above.  I couldn't find anywhere that you could tell barnyard2 where the
sock file is, but maybe someone else here can.  Hope that helps.

James