[Snort-users] reject is identical to drop

Kevin Ross kevross33 at ...14012...
Thu Jul 7 04:02:43 EDT 2011

>From the manual:

6. drop - block and log the packet
7. reject - block the packet, log it, and then send a TCP reset if the
protocol is TCP or an ICMP port unreachable message if the protocol is UDP.

The sending station should receive back a RST packet.