[Snort-users] What's the correct link for registered rules?

Lay, James james.lay at ...15009...
Tue Jul 5 15:17:18 EDT 2011

Excellent…thanks for the quick assist JJ.

James

From: JJ Cummings [mailto:cummingsj at ...11827...]
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2011 1:13 PM
To: Lay, James
Cc: <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] What's the correct link for registered rules?

Use the one that is documented in PP. As to the converter, someone should contrib and update it :-P

JJC

On Jul 5, 2011, at 11:54, "Lay, James" <james.lay at ...15009...> wrote:

	So…I’m taking the plunge from oinkmaster to pp.  I see some things though that are confusing.  From my current oinkmaster:

	http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/oinkmaster.cgi/<my-subscriber-oinkcode>/snortrules-snapshot-2905.tar.gz <http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/oinkmaster.cgi/%3cmy-subscriber-oinkcode%3e/snortrules-snapshot-2905.tar.gz>

	from the website https://www.snort.org/snort-rules/cli:

	wget http://www.snort.org/sub-rules/snortrules-snapshot-2900.tar.gz/<oinkcode here> -O snortrules-snapshot-2900.tar.gz

	from pulledpork-0.6.1:

	rule_url=https://www.snort.org/reg-rules/|snortrules-snapshot.tar.gz|<oinkcode> <https://www.snort.org/reg-rules/|snortrules-snapshot.tar.gz|%3coinkcode%3e>

	So my question…which is the one I should use for pp?  As an aside…the oink-conv.pl seems to convert to an older version of pp?  Not sure as it’s the first time I’ve used it ;)  Thanks all.

	James

	Snort-users list archive:

	Please see http://www.snort.org/docs for documentation