[Snort-users] Intermittent Pulled Pork Error

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Fri Feb 18 21:50:09 EST 2011

On 2/18/2011 16:21, Randal T. Rioux wrote:
> On 2/17/2011 9:23 PM, waldo kitty wrote:
>> On 2/17/2011 10:37, Weir, Jason wrote:
>>> Thanks Joel...
>>>
>>> I'd prefer updates as soon as they are available (within a couple hours
>>> at least) without manual intervention - thus the frequent checking via
>>> cron.
>>>
>>> The hash file is less than 1K - I would suspect I could check it on the
>>> minute and not overload the cloud...
>>
>> oh no... another update once every minute cron job! these types of things are
>> why VRT implemented the 15 minute rule in the first place :(
>
> Yeah, that stuff drives me nuts.
>
> I really don't see the gain from such a policy. Once an hour, meh, ok.
> Once a minute - I pull on your ear and slap your knuckles with a ruler!

yeah, no doubt! in my world, your IP is blocked until you contact us regarding
your lack of ability to update or access the sites... sometimes it takes a very
large raw fish smack upside the head to wake folks up no matter who they are ;)