[Snort-users] Intermittent Pulled Pork Error

Nigel Houghton nhoughton at ...1935...
Wed Feb 16 13:32:45 EST 2011

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 13:05:09 -0500, Weir, Jason wrote:
> Doesn't happen all of the time...
>
> Error 500 when fetching
> https://www.snort.org/reg-rules/snortrules-snapshot-2904.tar.gz.md5 at
> /usr/local/bin/pulledpork.pl line 390
>
> -J

That's not a PulledPork error, that's a website error. The file isn't
there, which strictly speaking shouldn't be a 500 server error, but
since the application that handles looking for the file can't find it,
the server will return the application error instead of a 404 not found.

With that said, I'll forward this to our Snort web team for
investigation.

--
Nigel Houghton
Head Mentalist