[Snort-users] run snort on dual core intel atom cpus?

Crusty Saint saintcrusty at ...11827...
Tue Feb 15 06:08:10 EST 2011

1. Snort does not run multi-threaded just yet
2. No idea, i'm running a 100Mbit snort install on a 512MB machine (Intel(R)
Pentium(R) III - 1133MHz ), no performance problems noted. Though the chosen
memory-model might have impact on accuracy. It does have scsi-disks. I'm
also logging packetcaptures etc.

Hope this is usefull.

2011/2/15 John Adams <mailinglists at ...1153...>

> Hi all
>
> how does Snort perform on a intel atom dual core 1GB RAM machine if the
> network link is 100MBit/s or 1GBit/s?
>
> Thanks,
> John

- - -
Security Engineer - Tags: Analyst Systems Security Linux Firewall Network
Web Troubleshooting - If you think I deserve a rant, write me off-list