[Snort-users] error while loading shared libraries

Kevin Ross kevross33 at ...14012...
Thu Feb 10 19:07:00 EST 2011

I have just updated from 2.9.0.3 to 2.9.0.4. The install went fine but I get
this error message when I try to run snort:

snort: error while loading shared libraries: libdnet.1: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

It was compiled with the following options on Fedora 14 (snort 2.9.0.3 was
working fine originally):

./configure --enable-ipv6 --enable-targetbased
--enable-decoder-preprocessor-rules --enable-ppm --enable-perfprofiling
--enable-zlib --enable-normalizer

What is it actually looking for here as I am not sure and have looked
through the usual stuff I get with shared objects and libraries?

Thanks for any help given, Kev