[Snort-users] [Emerging-Sigs] Reliability of signatures

Michael Scheidell michael.scheidell at ...8144...
Thu Feb 10 10:02:37 EST 2011

On 2/10/11 9:55 AM, Matt Olney wrote:
>  Also, SPAM isn't an IDS issue, at least from my point of view.  I
> worry about malicious, not asinine.
but then again, google got hacked into due to spam their engineers
opened ;-)
and, in fact, most of the external hacks today happen due to insiders
opening spam.

if you lock down the whole network, put in ids/ips, application
firewalls, do vul scans, application web scans, sem's, everything..
you still have the lusers opening up fed ex recipients that are unknown
viruses.  spammed to them.
malicious?  you bet!

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
 >*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    * Certified SNORT Integrator
    * Best in Email Security,2010: Network Products Guide
    * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008