[Snort-users] anyone using snort 2.9.03 on freebsd with --daq ipfw?

Michael Scheidell michael.scheidell at ...8144...
Tue Feb 8 10:13:55 EST 2011

On 2/8/11 10:11 AM, Michael Scheidell wrote:
> I have been trying to get this to work, and either there is something
> wrong with the ipfw daq module, or I have something set up wrong.
>
> I am using freebsd 7.3 amd64, IF_BRIDGE (yes, it works.. it used to
> work with snort 2.8.4 with inline patches.yes, freebsd fixed the
> problem with divert and if_bridge)

fyi:  I don't see where snort re-injected the packets:

Packet I/O Totals:
    Analyzed:          790 (100.000%)
     Dropped:            0 (  0.000%)
    Filtered:            0 (  0.000%)
Outstanding:            0 (  0.000%)
    Injected:            0

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
 >*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    * Certified SNORT Integrator
    * Best in Email Security,2010: Network Products Guide
    * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008