[Snort-users] snort does not sent reset in freebsd/ipfw inline mode

Russ Combs rcombs at ...1935...
Mon Feb 7 09:30:31 EST 2011

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Michael Scheidell <
michael.scheidell at ...8144...> wrote:

>  On 1/19/11 1:00 PM, Rajkumar S wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am testing snort 2.9.0.3 with inline  under FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p12
> and IPFW. Every thing seems working except that no packet gets dropped
> or reset is being sent.
>

>  I have a (test ports) version of 2.9.0.3  and am trying to make sure
> ipfw/daq works.
> <http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/154514><http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/154514>
>
> I have never gotten this to work in the past, and am still confused.
>

>  I am using snort Version 2.9.0.3 (Build 98) FreeBSD which is compiled
> with following options:
> ./configure  --enable-flexresp3 --enable-react  --enable-active-response
>

> did you find you needed the -Q in the command line?
> (man page seems to say this is for iptables only)

Oops - the man page is out of date wrt -Q and possibly elsewhere.  Refer to
READMEs and snort_manual for now.

As for -Q and policy_mode, the best reference is section 1.9.5 of the manual
which breaks it out in table form.

I've bugged the man page.  Thanks for reporting the issue.