[Snort-users] snort does not sent reset in freebsd/ipfw inline mode

Michael Scheidell michael.scheidell at ...8144...
Fri Feb 4 17:57:55 EST 2011

On 1/19/11 1:00 PM, Rajkumar S wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am testing snort 2.9.0.3 with inline  under FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p12
> and IPFW. Every thing seems working except that no packet gets dropped
> or reset is being sent.

I have a (test ports) version of 2.9.0.3  and am trying to make sure
ipfw/daq works.
<http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/154514>

I have never gotten this to work in the past, and am still confused.

> I am using snort Version 2.9.0.3 (Build 98) FreeBSD which is compiled
> with following options:
> ./configure  --enable-flexresp3 --enable-react  --enable-active-response

did you find you needed the -Q in the command line?
(man page seems to say this is for iptables only)

did you find you needed this in snort.conf?
config policy_mode:inline

what sysctl's did you need to add to turn on ipfw filtering?

(sysctl -a | egrep 'fw|bridge')

this in a router mode? with an ip on each interface? or bridged? (with
if_bridge?)?
what ifconfig options did you use to create the bridge?

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
 >*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    * Certified SNORT Integrator
    * Best in Email Security,2010: Network Products Guide
    * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008