[Snort-users] daq inline and ipfw does not support ipv6?

Russ Combs rcombs at ...1935...
Fri Feb 4 11:13:28 EST 2011

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Michael Scheidell <
michael.scheidell at ...8144...> wrote:

> On 2/4/11 11:00 AM, Russ Combs wrote:
>

> This looks like a divert design issue.  IPPROTO_DIVERT is defined as an
> alternative to IPPROTO_IPV4 and IPPROTO_IPV6, so only ip4 traffic is
> received on the divert socket because there is no way to differentiate it
> (ie "raw" ip4 packets are received w/o layer 2 header).
>
> so, a FREEBSD kernel issue/ in the ipf4 module? divert subsection?

It is *BSD divert limitation.  I don't want to speculate on the module.
Maybe some others can clarify that.

This seems to be a long standing issue.  By now there must be a workaround.
Let me know.