[Snort-users] daq inline and ipfw does not support ipv6?

Russ Combs rcombs at ...1935...
Fri Feb 4 11:00:46 EST 2011

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 10:31 AM, Michael Scheidell <
michael.scheidell at ...8144...> wrote:

>  being as the last /8 ipv4 block has been assigned, I think it might be
> time to make sure everything worked with ipv6, so we can fix it if it
> doesn't
>
> I noticed on snort manual section 1.5.6, IPFW that it seems to indicate
> that the ipfw module does not support ipv6.  Is this something *BSD needs to
> fix? or snort?

This looks like a divert design issue.  IPPROTO_DIVERT is defined as an
alternative to IPPROTO_IPV4 and IPPROTO_IPV6, so only ip4 traffic is