[Snort-users] was--Matt Jonkman in the new Hakin9--now detecting infections

Matthew Jonkman jonkman at ...15020...
Thu Feb 3 10:07:41 EST 2011

Bothunter is a spectacular tool! I highly recommend it. They use a subset of the ET rules, so what we're all contributing to emerging threats is helping improve Bothunter. Although in a relatively small way, most of it's actions are based on much higher thought than static sigs.

Metaflows.com is also a tool implementing bothunter for open and professional use with great results. I'm sure there will be more commercial uses of it very soon.

Matt