[Snort-users] snort 2.9.0.3 flexresp3 and active-response

Michael Scheidell michael.scheidell at ...8144...
Wed Feb 2 20:31:56 EST 2011

On 2/2/11 12:52 PM, Russ Combs wrote:

>     is there any reason to enable one without the other?
>     it appears to me that you would want both or none.
>

> That makes sense to me.  And neither will generate responses without
> additional configuration so no harm done.

I suppose one option would be to enable flexresp3 so that resp: rules
and sensitve data rules don't error out, but only enable active response
if user wants it.

the challenge  to ports/rpm maintainers is to select the most USEFUL and
common options.  sure, savvy users can edit the Makefile and add in
their own config options. but most don't./

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
 >*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    * Certified SNORT Integrator
    * Best in Email Security,2010: Network Products Guide
    * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008