[Snort-users] snort inline (non-drop mode) br0

Lawrence R. Hughes, Sr. lhughes at ...14822...
Wed Feb 2 12:10:09 EST 2011

Joel,

Thank-you for your reply, but where do we go from here, as you well know this amount of dropped packets is not acceptable?

Thanks,
Larry

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Joel Esler
  To: Lawrence R. Hughes, Sr.
  Cc: Jason Wallace ; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
  Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 11:50 AM
  Subject: Re: [Snort-users] snort inline (non-drop mode) br0

  Lawrence,

  Looking at your perfmon stats, I don't see anything really crazy about your traffic.  You have lots of small packets, you have a bit of fragmentation in your packets every now and again, but nothing really out of the ordinary.

  Your session count isn't anything crazy.  I mean, it's high, but nothing I haven't seen before.

  Not sure what to tell you.  I'd check for duplicate packets (two or more copies of the same packet)  which may be the case if you are getting your traffic from a span or something.

  Joel