[Snort-users] Signals

Michael Scheidell michael.scheidell at ...8144...
Tue Feb 1 15:05:51 EST 2011

On 2/1/11 3:02 PM, Castle, Shane wrote:
> I have a problem with the signal issue. You REALLY need to read your man
> page about signals. On most Linux systems, "man 7 signal" will tell you
> what you want, but essentially, you should NEVER use the number of a
> signal but always its name, e.g., "kill -USR1<pid>" or "kill -s USR1
> <pid>". The number corresponding to a signal changes with the Unix
> implementation and the platform on which it is running.

I have a problem with people replying back to the wrong person in the
thread...
I use SIGNAMES.  not numbers.

I also have a problem with topposting.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
 >*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    * Certified SNORT Integrator
    * Best in Email Security,2010: Network Products Guide
    * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008