[Snort-users] Rules with SDF options cannot have other detection options in the same rule

Michael Scheidell michael.scheidell at ...8144...
Tue Feb 1 14:00:10 EST 2011

On 2/1/11 1:56 PM, Joel Esler wrote:
> That's not right.  I'll bug this on our side for our developers to
> take a look.
> Joel

Could be platform dependent.
platform, freebsd 7.3, amd64. note that I do NOT have ipv6 in those
options. also note, aside from the resp: stuff in chat rules to keep
them quiet, the VRT rules are mostly stock.

might be snort.conf.

if you can't duplicate it, I'll send snort.conf private.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
 >*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    * Certified SNORT Integrator
    * Best in Email Security,2010: Network Products Guide
    * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008