[Snort-users] Rules with SDF options cannot have other detection options in the same rule

Joel Esler jesler at ...1935...
Tue Feb 1 13:48:01 EST 2011

And the only difference is to add in the --enable-flexresp3?

Joel

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Michael Scheidell <
michael.scheidell at ...8144...> wrote:

>  when compiling snort WITHOUT flexresp3, SDF rules will fail:
>
> ERROR: /usr/local/etc/snort/./preproc_rules/sensitive-data.rules(1) Rules
> with SDF options cannot have other detection options in the same rule.
>
> this ./configure:
>
> --enable-dynamicplugin --enable-build-dynamic-examples  --enable-reload
> --enable-reload-restart  --disable-corefiles
> --with-dnet-includes=/usr/local/include/libnet11
> --with-dnet-libraries=/usr/local/lib/libnet11 --with-mysql=no --with-odbc=no
> --with-postgresql=no --disable-prelude --enable-gre --enable-mpls
> --enable-decoder-preprocessor-rules --enable-zlib-enable-normalizer
> --prefix=/usr/local
>
> i googled, but only see this: (with no answer yet)
> <http://seclists.org/snort/2010/q2/826><http://seclists.org/snort/2010/q2/826>
>
> if the answer is 'add --enable-flexresp3'.  then fine, but it doesn't make
> sense unless I don't understand the error.
>
> stock sensitive-data.rules:
>
> alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> $EXTERNAL_NET [80,20,25,143,110]
> (msg:"SENSITIVE-DATA Credit Card Numbers"; metadata:service
> http, service smtp, service ftp-data, service imap, service pop3;
> sd_pattern:2,credit_card; classtype:sdf; sid:2; gid:138;
> rev:1;)
>

> --
> Michael Scheidell, CTO
> o: 561-999-5000
> d: 561-948-2259
> ISN: 1259*1300
> > *| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation
>
>    - Certified SNORT Integrator
>    - 2008-9 Hot Company Award Winner, World Executive Alliance
>    - Five-Star Partner Program 2009, VARBusiness
>    - Best in Email Security,2010: Network Products Guide
>    - King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008

> This email has been scanned and certified safe by SpammerTrap®.
> For Information please see http://www.secnap.com/products/spammertrap/

Joel Esler
Skype:eslerjoel
http://blog.snort.org && http://blog.clamav.net