[Snort-users] snort inline (non-drop mode) br0

Joel Esler jesler at ...1935...
Tue Feb 1 13:45:42 EST 2011

Lawrence,

I keep seeing you post to the list asking about open sessions.  But I never
see any responses to anyone's questions that we ask.

Are you having a problem with open sessions, or are you perceiving it to be
a problem?  What's the problem?  Are you dropping packets?  Are you seeing
duplicate traffic?

Is Snort not detecting things?  What's the issue?

Joel

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Lawrence R. Hughes, Sr. <
lhughes at ...14822...> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> We use snort inline in the non-drop mode and our sensor is listens on br0.
> Could it be that we detect the 3whs (session) with stream5, but don't
> detect when the session has ended, thus giving us a high rate of open
> sessions?
>
> If this is the case, then what interface would be better to use eth0 or
> eth1 (currently both eth0 & eth1 are configed to give us br0) ?
>
> Thanks,
> Larry

Joel Esler
Skype:eslerjoel