[Snort-users] snort 2.9.0.3 flexresp3 and active-response

Michael Scheidell michael.scheidell at ...8144...
Tue Feb 1 10:33:59 EST 2011

I noticed that starting with snort 2.9.* there are seemly two configure
flags that affect flexresp.

a) --enable-flexresp3 (similar to 2.8.6.1 flexrep and flexrep2)

but there is a new one:

b) --enable-active-response

Q for ports/rpm maintainers:

if user enabled flexresp3 during compile time, should we also enable
active-response?

is there any reason to enable one without the other?
it appears to me that you would want both or none.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
 >*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    * Certified SNORT Integrator
    * Best in Email Security,2010: Network Products Guide
    * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008