[Snort-users] [Stats] Get dropped packets count while snort runing (/proc/xxxx search)

Joel Esler jesler at ...1935...
Tue Dec 13 14:51:19 EST 2011

Outstanding is the difference between hw packets received and daq packets received.  If you have a huge number (as you do) this is a bug in Snort (that we've fixed in 2.9.2, which comes out tomorrow) that has something to do with how certain kernels count packets incorrectly.

Joel