[Snort-users] [Stats] Get dropped packets count while snort runing (/proc/xxxx search)

Joel Esler jesler at ...1935...
Tue Dec 13 12:20:08 EST 2011

You can issue the USR1 command to Snort.

Kill -usr1 (pidof snort) will dump the stats of the running Snort process to the output file (on redhat/fedora, /var/log/messages)