[Snort-users] Need help to detect BOTNET-CNC Palevo bot DNSattack

Martin Holste mcholste at ...11827...
Tue Dec 13 12:12:29 EST 2011

Ah, I see your confusion.  In the signature, there is this text:
"butterfly|05|sinip|02|es" and this is confusing because this actually
looks like "butterfly.sinip.es" as domain name, which is the URL you
want to look for.