[Snort-users] Get dropped packets count while snort runing (/proc/xxxx search)‏

tito toto thibaultsoc at ...11827...
Tue Dec 13 09:38:08 EST 2011

Hi there,

I need to get the amount of packet which have been dropped by snort.

I can get this when runing manualy snort (snort -n 100 -i eth0) in the stat
summary after stoping snort (CTRL+C) like this :

Packet I/O Totals:

Is there a way to get this information (dropped packets) in the /proc
filesystem while snort is runing?

I did not found anything interesting after looking at /proc but maybe there
is a preproc to activate or some tricks like this?

Thanks in advance,
Thibault