[Snort-users] [Stats] Get dropped packets count while snort runing (/proc/xxxx search)

Thibault - Gonfreecs - gonfreecs64 at ...125...
Tue Dec 13 08:10:57 EST 2011

Hi there,
I need to get the amount of packet which have been dropped by snort.
I can get this when runing manualy snort (snort -n 100 -i eth0) in the stat summary after stoping snort (CTRL+C) like this :
.....===============================================================================
Packet I/O
Totals:

Analyzed:          100 (100.000%)
    Dropped:            0 (
0.000%)
   Filtered:            0 (
0.000%)
Outstanding:            0 (  0.000%)

Injected:
0
Is there a way to get this information (dropped packets) in the /proc filesystem while snort is runing?
I did not found anything interesting after looking at /proc but maybe there is a preproc to activate or some tricks like this?
Thanks in advance,Thibault