[Snort-users] Newbie question: reject rule for IPv6

K b urbestfriend at ...11827...
Sun Dec 11 05:39:15 EST 2011

JJ,

I am using following command to start snort.

snort -c  /etc/snort.conf -N -D

Also I have set following parameters in snort.conf.

config daq: nfq
config daq_mode: inline
config daq_var: proto=ip6
config daq_dir:<dir>

Note that I have built both daq and snort with --ipv6-enabled option.

My ip6table:

-A INPUT -d <ip_address>/128 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -j NFQUEUE --queue-num 0

The setup  works fine as I am seeing alerts getting logged when I send
a http request with URI contains "snort-test", but unfortunately the
request is not getting rejected ( No ICMP6 unreachable ) as it
should've been and request is going through.

In fact I tried 'drop' too , without any success. Can someone point
out the code where ICMP unreachable is sent ? I tried to debug daq and
always verdict to NFQUEUE is set as NF_ACCEPT.

Thanks for the response.

Regards,
Kumar