[Snort-users] [Emerging-Sigs] [Snort-sigs] Snort 2.8.6.1 EOL Reminder

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at ...6282...
Thu Dec 1 21:45:43 EST 2011

On 12/1/2011 4:56 PM, Matthew Jonkman wrote:
> Thanks for the good words. Both rulesets are quite good, just different focus for each, and different platforms supported.

Agreed, but for those of us that aggregate our layers of defense <grin>
it would be very nice to have a ETPRO and ETPRO-noGPL just as you have
an ET and ET-noGPL set.

With the current framework, you can't easily run VRT and ETPRO
(duplication of filenames and signatures).

You can however easily run sourcefire (non-VRT) plus ET (non PRO).

Jeff