[Snort-users] VRT Rule Update for 08/25/2011: Modifications to the snort.conf file

Joel Esler jesler at ...1935...
Fri Aug 26 12:14:29 EDT 2011

On Aug 26, 2011, at 12:02 PM, Eoin Miller wrote:
> On 8/25/2011 9:30 PM, Joel Esler wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> A special note about today's rule release.  Please see the blog
>> post below for full details.
>>
>> The registered users of Snort have emailed me and told me that they
>> will not be able to access the snort.conf for 2.9.1 until the 30
>> day window is open.  This is correct, however, for registered
>> users's convenience you may access the 2.9.1 snort.conf here:
>> http://www.snort.org/assets/184/snort.conf
>>

> Thanks again, this is really the level of information we need to help
> us with the upgrades and make people aware of the conf changes that
> impact the coverage provided by their signatures!

Eoin, no problem.  I expect there to be a few changes right after every Snort release just to adjust settings based on research with the new engine that we encounter.  If we change the snort.conf I'll send a note to the lists, otherwise all postings will be on http://blog.snort.org.

Joel