[Snort-users] Snort 2.9.1 Now Available

vincent at ...15035... vincent at ...15035...
Wed Aug 24 14:39:21 EDT 2011

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for getting back to me on this 'issue'. I understand the reason
behind the different source tarballs but IMHO it's confusing at the very
least. IMHO, there should be either:

1) a set of 3 source files.
- snort-2.9.1.tar.gz
- snort-2.9.1-1.el6.src.rpm (with the centos6 tarball)
- snort-2.9.1-1.fc13.src.rpm (with the fc13 tarball)

or:

2) a set of only two files:
- snort-2.9.1.tar.gz
- snort-2.9.1-1.src.rpm (a generic distribution-agnostic source rpm
containing the tarball cited aboved. with matching md5).

I find that confusing and it got me a little worried when I first ran into
this issue during the 2.9.0.x released. But as long as the issue is known
by sourcefire, I guess I won't have to worry. :)

In case you'd ask, both my
snort-2.9.1-1.el6.src.rpm and snort-2.9.1-1.el5.src.rpm contain the
original .tar.gz from snort's download area.

Thanks for making this release available,

Best regards,

Vincent