[Snort-users] snort web interface

Paul Halliday paul.halliday at ...11827...
Wed Aug 24 11:39:23 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Joel Esler <jesler at ...1935...> wrote:
> Responding to my own email:
>
> If anyone wants to take this task on (side by side comparison of GUI tools), we'll put it up on Snort.org and I'll give you free stuff!

I nice complement to this would be a survey for the community:

What would you like your interface to do? (in general, open ended questions)
Features, Reports, Niceties, etc. expand on this of course.

While feature requests are great, the requests always tend to be
somewhat contrived because they are in within the context of a
specific project and/or developers personal goals.

What do people want?

Using the 'delete events' as an example. This would have never
occurred to me. I have over 300,000,000 events for the past 2 years
and I would hate to lose any of that data. It is so rare that I need
to delete an event from the db that I don't mind striking it from the
CLI.

I have been trying to put a survey together but just haven't had the
spare cycles, I think the results from a survey like this data would
contribute greatly to all projects out there.

--
Paul Halliday
http://www.squertproject.org/