[Snort-users] snort web interface

Joel Esler jesler at ...1935...
Wed Aug 24 09:44:19 EDT 2011

I think this conversation is interesting.  I haven't used a GUI interface for Snort in years, since before Snorby was around.

I'd like to see a comparison paper between the different varying interfaces that are out right now.  I put a blog post up awhile back on the http://blog.snort.org, but it wasn't nearly enough.

Let's leave the insults on the sidelines and highlight the good and bad of each interface, and perhaps, if there are shortfalls,  let's point them out, hopefully the developers (BASE included, not just you Dustin) will take the shortfalls and add to their respective projects.

For instance I'd be interested to know if Snorby (I know BASE doesn't, as it reads from the DB) supports IPv6 addressing and the new additional data fields that we put in unified2 in Snort 2.9.1?