[Snort-users] snort web interface

Dustin Webber dustin.webber at ...11827...
Wed Aug 24 08:30:41 EDT 2011

Randy,

I'm a little upset you didn't read more carefully.

>  tell them what is good about it instead of telling them they're stupid for not using it.

I never said anything even remotely similar to that. I called both of their recommendations idiotic.
Giving someone recommendations based on inaccurate information or by how common it is...? Well, thats IS just idiotic.

>  If you want people to respect you and
> trust the stuff you put out there,

I'm not posting on this mailing list / working on OSS for the respect. I
Actually laughed out loud when I read that.

> I was excited to try Snorby. Then I saw this drivel. People don't get
> far in open source by being dicks.

I guess you are unfamiliar with Linus Torvalds? hehe but seriously - I was not trying to be
a dick; was simply being honest. I thought they said something stupid and I told them about it.

I'm not here for the `respect`. If that's your agenda, then fine but it's not mine.

Best Regards,

Dustin