[Snort-users] snort 2.9.0.5 config file problems

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Sat Aug 20 21:01:58 EDT 2011

Change line 231 to:
#preprocessor normalize_ip4: trim

Kindest regards,
Michael...

WINSNORT.com Management Team Member
--
****************** Established ~ 2001 *******************
*          Visit Us @ http://www.winsnort.com           *
*      ~~ FREE WinIDS Snort installation guides ~~      *
*               ~~ FREE support forums ~~               *
* Snort: Open Source Network IDS - http://www.snort.org *

From: Bill [mailto:btltm818 at ...131...]
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2011 7:10 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] snort 2.9.0.5 config file problems

Hello,

I am a newbie to Snort and need  some expertise here. I downloaded Snort
2.9.0.5 with the appropriate rules pkg.

I can run snort as a sniffer like c:\Snort\bin\snort -i 3 and all is well
but attempting to run it in IDS mode as

c:\Snort\bin\snort -c c:\Snort\etc\snort.conf -I 3    bombs out with the
following error:

ERROR: c:\Snort\etc\snort.conf (231) Missing/incorrect dynamic engine lib
specifier. Fatal error-quitting.

I have attached the snort.conf file in hopes that someone can take a look
and advise/recommend/comment.

Thanks,

BillM