[Snort-users] snort 2.9.0.5 config file problems

Bill btltm818 at ...131...
Sat Aug 20 19:10:28 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am a newbie to Snort and need  some expertise here. I downloaded Snort
2.9.0.5 with the appropriate rules pkg.

I can run snort as a sniffer like c:\Snort\bin\snort -i 3 and all is
well but attempting to run it in IDS mode as

c:\Snort\bin\snort -c c:\Snort\etc\snort.conf -I 3    bombs out with the
following error:

ERROR: c:\Snort\etc\snort.conf (231) Missing/incorrect dynamic engine
lib specifier. Fatal error-quitting.

I have attached the snort.conf file in hopes that someone can take a
look and advise/recommend/comment.

Thanks,

BillM